For your customers to find your website it needs to appear in the search results. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of using different techniques to increase your rankings in the search results.
There are White hat SEO techniques and Black hat SEO techniques. White hat techniques follow the guidelines established by the search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. Black hat techniques rely on unethical methods and try to exploit loopholes in search engine algorithms.
If you use Black hat techniques then Google may recognise the harmful practices and penalise your website. You should follow White hat techniques as it is the right approach to improve your rankings in the search results.
Following White hat SEO techniques is important to maintain your position in the SERPs. The following are the reasons to use white hat SEO techniques for your website:
- When you use White hat techniques it will take time to show results. You will get to see improved rankings and traffic over time. The increase in organic visibility stays longer if you continue your SEO efforts.
- You should familiarise yourself with the Google Webmasters Guidelines. Learning about the different SEO methods will help you understand which method will help to optimise your website safely.
- By using White hat SEO techniques you can increase the number of visitors to your website. The content you create on your website should be readable and exciting. The content you create should interest the readers to make it shareable.
- When you follow all the best practices of SEO your website will get noticed by the search engines. The best practices include creating high-quality content, using relevant keywords, better user experience, fast-loading websites, making an excellent website design and more. This will help your website to be more visible in the search results.
White hat SEO techniques
To optimise your website you can approach search engine optimisation companies in India. The companies use the following white hat SEO techniques:
- You should do keyword research to find your primary keywords and use them strategically in your content. This also helps you to stay away from overly competitive keywords. Also, find your long-tail keywords.
- When you create content you should consider the word count. Google does not suggest a specific word count but the search engines favour long-form content versus shorter content. As a general rule, you should aim for 1000 words per blog post.
- You should use your relevant keywords in page titles, meta descriptions and image Alt-text. This helps in SEO though you should not overdo it.
- One of the White hat techniques is to produce high-quality content. Your article should be original and match the search intent. Your content should address the concerns and questions of your users. People are searching for a reason and you should provide the knowledge.
- The number of mobile users has increased compared to laptops. Google is now more focused on mobile-first indexing therefore you should keep this in mind while designing your website. Your website should be easily accessible on mobile devices too.
- One of the ranking factors is your website’s UX. You should provide a good user experience and for this, your website should be easy to navigate and load quickly. You should pay attention to Google’s Core Web Vitals and try to improve them.
- You should build backlinks to your website using White hat methods. Building high-quality backlinks, optimising your URLs and using keyword-rich anchor text can help you rank higher.
- You can use schema makeup to display your data using rich snippets. This helps to improve the click-through rate by a significant percentage.