Link-building (Backlinks) is an essential part of SEO as it helps to improve website traffic, visibility and rankings. Backlinks are one of the important ranking factors. There are white hat, grey hat and black hat link-building techniques. White hat link-building techniques follow the webmaster’s rules for organic growth. Grey link-building techniques tweak the webmaster’s rules for temporary results and should be avoided. Black hat link-building techniques do not follow the webmaster’s guidelines and use unethical ways to build links therefore they should not be used. Backlinks built using white hat techniques can help improve the website’s rankings. In this article, you will learn about white hat link-building services.
What is white hat link building?
Building links from a highly authoritative website to your website helps to improve your website’s rankings and drive more traffic. Backlinks signal to Google that content is a valuable source of information.
When you build links organically by following Google's webmaster guidelines it is called White hat link-building. It involves using white hat link-building techniques which are considered to be ethical by Google.
When you build links using white hat techniques you do not get penalised by Google as you are doing it the right way. It helps to rank your website higher in the SERPs as you do not break any of Google’s guidelines. When you engage in this type of link-building technique you are called the ‘Good guys’.
There are different white hat link-building techniques like content creation, guest posting, broken link building, link reclamation, unlinked brand mentions and more.
Why should you engage only in white hat link-building?
Using the white hat techniques for link-building offers many benefits. Using white hat techniques for link building ensures that you stay on the good side of Google. You do not get hit by a Google penalty. White hat link-building services can help you build links the right way.
White hat techniques are not guaranteed as Google’s algorithms change all the time but if you are following Google rules then it is less likely that you will get a penalty. Using white hat techniques helps to build your website’s authority and rankings. It helps to set up your website for future success.
White hat link-building techniques:
Some of the which hat link-building techniques are as follows:
- To build backlinks naturally, you need high-quality content. When you create valuable, helpful and informative content then others would want to link naturally to you. You should create content for your readers and if you relate to them they will link back to you. The more you give your users what they want the higher you will rank. Other bloggers will see your website as an authoritative website and you will get more white hat backlinks.
- One of the white hat link-building techniques is guest posting. In this, you have to create high-quality content that can be posted on another relevant website and you can take a link back to your website. This helps you to reach out to new audiences and improve brand awareness. As long as your content solves the problems of the target audience your post will be considered to be authoritative.
- You can find broken links on other websites and fix them as broken links offer a poor user experience. You can ask the website owner to put your replacement link instead. You can get a link back to your website.
- Unlinked brand mentions are your brand’s name mentioned by another website without linking to your website. You can find such websites and ask them to add a link to your website. You can get backlinks from those who agree.
- Another way to build high-quality links is to use HARO (Help A Reporter Out). HARO connects journalists with industry experts. Journalists are always looking for expert advice and you can offer advice on your niche. You can reach out to them and see if they can take your content. You can get a white hat backlink to your website.
- You can create linkable assets like infographics, free tools, calculators, in-depth guides, tutorials and more. People will want to link to your resources if they are the best.
- You can list your website in online directories and business directories. For example, Yellow Pages, Yelp and more. These help people to find solutions to their problems. You can add your business information and also earn a backlink back to your website.
- You can share your content from your website on social media to earn organic backlinks. The more shareable your content is the more likely that it will get noticed and linked. You can add links in the comments you leave.
- A 404 error means the page does not exist any longer. You can offer a better opportunity than a link to a dead page. Your link should be the same as the 404 error and provide the same value to the website.
What can white hat link-building services do for you?
The more you build backlinks using white hat techniques the better the future of your SEO. Link-building requires finding relevant and authoritative websites and pitching them with your guest blogging offer, creating quality content that people would link to naturally, finding broken links and more. You can approach an SEO agency that uses white hat link-building techniques.
They can help you to build high-quality backlinks from relevant and high-authority websites. This will help to improve your rankings and drive more traffic. The SEO agency can help you appear in the top positions in the SERPs through organic means. It can help you to create quality content that will attract links naturally.
To make your website appear at the top positions in the search results building backlinks is a must. You can hire white hat link-building services to get high-quality links to your website. By using white hat techniques to build links you can make your website rank higher in the search results and drive more traffic. To avoid any Google penalties it is best to use white-hat link-building techniques only.