People use their computers, tablets or smartphones to find their potential destination for holidaying. It has become important for travel businesses to spread their brand awareness and online visibility. Nearly 80% of trips are booked online.
SEO helps to rank your website and puts it in front of people who search for the service you offer. It helps you to stand out against your competitors and increase your number of customers. Travel SEO can help your website become the first choice of those looking to travel.
Travel SEO strategies
- Relevant keywords are essential for travel website SEO. Keywords are the words or phrases that people use to find your services. You can use the various tools available online to find the relevant keywords like Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Ahref’s and more. You should choose audience-intended keywords and keywords with a high search volume and low competition. You should also find your long-tail keywords.
- Meta titles and descriptions displayed in the search result should provide relevant information to the users and include the targeted keyword. The more relevant the title and description are the more the click-through rate.
- Google E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authority and Trust and it is used to evaluate the content on your website. Your content should show expertise, be authoritative and garner trust. Use as many images and videos as possible.
- Your content should answer the user's questions and the user should be able to find the information they are looking for quickly.
- To keep your visitors engaged you should use internal linking to redirect people to the other pages on your website. This will help them to learn more about you.
- Use URLs that are search engine friendly and have the targeted keyword. Their structure should be consistent throughout the website.
- Optimize your website for local SEO to reach local customers. Your website should be optimized based on the location data.
- Build backlinks to your website from trusted and authoritative websites. You can get links from blog posts, graphics, videos, interviews and more.
- Social media has become important for online businesses therefore you should use it effectively. You can use social media backlinks to rank higher on search engines.
- Influencers and celebs are followed blindly by people therefore you should go for influencer marketing.
- You should add positive reviews to your website as it helps to gain the trust of first-time visitors. If a website has great reviews then people trust it more.
- You can find many publications and review websites on the internet. You can release a documented tour to the public and get the attention you need.
- Your website should work properly on devices like desktops, mobiles and tablets. For this, use a responsive web design for your website.
- Website speed is a ranking factor and your website should load within 3 seconds or the users will abandon it.
- Create a Google My Business profile as it is a good way to tell your location. The listing is free and offers you an opportunity to show yourself as a trustworthy website.
- You should create a sitemap of your website to let the search engine understand you better.
- Schema markup is a code that helps the search engine to understand your content better. Different types of schema help the search engine to display your content properly.