People now use their computers, laptops and mobiles to search for their potential holiday destinations. It is important for travel websites to improve their online visibility and brand awareness. For this, they can implement SEO strategies.
SEO helps to rank your website higher in the search results and put it in front of people. This makes it easy for people to find your website. Well-structured and visually appealing travel websites will engage visitors for a longer time.
SEO strategies for travel websites
- One of the important parts of SEO is keyword research. It helps you find the keywords the people are using to find your services. You should select the audience intended keywords otherwise you will not be found on the right searches.
- Google displays the meta titles and meta descriptions in the search results. These should include the relevant keyword. As the user sees them they can affect the click-through rate. You should make them relevant and catchy as people make a quick decision about whether to click on a link.
- Use search-engine URLs with relevant keywords and optimise them. In your URLs use hyphens instead of underscores, lowercase letters only and use a favicon if required. You should use a consistent URL structure throughout your website.
- To reach local customers you need to appear in the local listings in Google Maps. For this, you will have to implement local SEO. It helps to optimise your website based on location data. You should also open a Google My Business account and provide the details about your business.
- The page loading time can affect your rankings and the bounce rate. Therefore your website should load quickly otherwise the visitor will drop off and you may get penalised by Google.
- Travellers use mobile phones to find their holiday destinations therefore your website should be mobile-friendly. It should have a responsive web design so that it fits the mobile screen perfectly. This will allow the travellers to search and book their travel through mobiles.
- Link-building is the process of getting links from other highly authoritative and relevant websites to your website. High-quality links help to improve your rankings. You can build links from blog posts, resource pages, infographics, videos, interviews and more.
- Travel businesses should create quality content for their websites to make the user take action. You should create relevant, useful and appealing content for your web pages that will help to engage the users.
The E-A-T (Expertise, Authority, Trust) is a guideline used by Google to evaluate your content. Your content should showcase your expertise, establish your authority and build trust.
- A visitor to your website should be able to find the required information quickly. You should prove a search tool along with proper sorting and filters.
- The customer’s search trends may change and you must stay aware of the content consumption by your target market. You should know what else the users are searching for.
- Another strategy suggested by Google for travel SEO is the ‘Micro moments’. The micro-moments for travel websites are the dreaming moments, planning moments, booking moments and experiencing moments. The potential customers will go through these before they make a booking. In the first phase getting the user's attention is important.
You can implement the above SEO strategies for your travel website and if you need help you can hire a travel SEO agency.