SEO Challenges For An E-Commerce Website
E-commerce websites have various SEO issues which may not allow you to reach new customers. You should not just have an outdated or poorly-functioning E-commerce website, you should optimize it.
These are a list of SEO challenges an e-commerce website faces and how to solve them:
1. If you have hundreds of products on your website then you may want to copy the manufacturer's details or automate the product details to save time. This is a big SEO mistake. If you do so the information you provide will not be unique or valuable to your website. Google will find duplicate content on your website. The information will not be what the customers are looking for when they decide to buy your product.
You should provide unique, relevant and valuable information about your products that will attract the target audience. Your product description should have the details so that the products appeal to the visitors.
2. Site loading speed is also important for E-commerce websites. If a site loads slowly then the users may abandon it and choose not to buy any products. This will bring your sales down and if this happens continuously Google may take notice and reduce your rankings.
The site loading speed can be addressed easily by selecting a better web hosting service, using a CDN, enabling caching and eliminating the non-essential functions. Your website loading time should be between 2 to 3 seconds.
3. When your customer shops online, it is important to keep their information secure and safe. If you cannot offer safety to your customers then they will shop somewhere else.
Website security is also an important part of technical SEO efforts. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certification is important for every website. SSL ensures that the information that is exchanged is encrypted. This is important for E-commerce websites as the users will be making online payments. Google values HTTPS URLs more and it also helps to improve SEO in Google’s eyes.
4. If you want to improve your rankings and show your customers you are trustworthy then you should allow your customers to leave reviews on your website. If your products do not have reviews then the customers are less likely to trust the quality of your products.
Reviews help the customer get more information about your products without having to buy them and they may choose to do business with you. Having product reviews support your website's SEO efforts and Google bots specifically crawl the reviews. You should monitor your reviews for any spam or irrelevant content. You can engage with your customers and show them that you want to make their experience a positive one.
5. You should create high-quality content on your website as its need has risen after Google’s Panda Algorithm release. It is important that the content be rich and relevant to the audience.
6. Another important challenge for E-commerce websites is their design. An even bigger challenge is to redesign the website once you get a decent amount of traffic and content.
The design/redesign of the E-commerce websites if done correctly can lead to business growth.
To retain traffic after revamp, it's important to retain old content and if URLs structure is being changed, it's important to 301 redirect old URLs to New URLs.
7. Now the use of mobile has reached new heights so you should make use of a responsive design for your website. The website should be aesthetically appealing as well as user-friendly. If your website frustrates the user then you will have a tough time converting.
Use Tools like Microsoft Clarity to Analyze user engagement on mobile and desktop and try to enhance the user experience as much as possible.
- Log in to post comments