SEO is cost-effective because once you invest your resources in it you do not have to keep paying. Paid ads come with higher costs and decreased effectiveness. Once you implement SEO your website will start appearing at the top of the search results and the traffic grows over time.
When your website appears at the top of the search results your brand will get more credibility. SEO will not offer results immediately but helps you to create a stable source of revenue. You can hire an Ecommerce SEO Agency to optimize your website and get more traffic.
SEO best practices
- Do keyword research to find out the words or phrases that the users enter to find your products. Once you identify your keywords, use them on your website. To find your keywords you can use tools like Ubersuggest, Moz Keyword Explorer and Ahref’s.
There are different reasons why people search online. They may be looking for information or searching with the intent to buy. Find the keywords that have the purchase intent behind them. Place these keywords strategically on your website. You can place them in the meta titles, H1 headlines, meta descriptions, blogs, product descriptions and URLs.
- Creating blogs is an important part of E-commerce SEO strategy. Blogs help to create topical relevance. You can create high-quality content that answers all the questions that people have about a product. Google likes to rank websites that are authoritative in their niche.
- You should create internal links between your pages. You can link one blog post from a different blog post or link a collection of pages to a blog post.
- Build backlinks to your website because the more links you have the more credible you are to Google and you will be ranked at higher positions. Other brands may not want to link to a page showing products but they may be interested in linking to blogs that share useful tips. To build links you need outreach and relationship building.
- Product pages feature just one product and collection pages show all the products in a category. Collection pages are easier to rank. If you build links to a collection page Google will rank you pretty well. The benefit of ranking a collection page versus a product page is that your shoppers can see the entire inventory.
- E-commerce websites have multiple pages of products and this can lead to a duplicate content problem. This can hurt your rankings. One of the ways to fix the problem is to no-index the duplicate pages. Another way is to use canonical tags. This tag tells Google that the page is important and needs to be ranked.
You can optimize your business for local SEO as follows:
- You should create a Google My Business listing as it helps to improve your visibility in the SERPs and Maps. In local SEO the results are based on how far you are located, how relevant you are and your prominence. Therefore you add the right detail to your profile. For example, add links to your URL, list the working hours correctly, reply to customer reviews and more.
- It is a widely used local SEO strategy to get your E-commerce website listed in online directories. The benefit of listing in a directory is that they increase your business credibility and SEO. You should get your E-commerce website listed in the directories relevant to your business.
- Reviews help you to get credibility from search engines and build the audience's trust. The best way to get reviews is to ask for them from your customers. Review requests can be integrated into customer emails or apps. Reviews help you engage directly with your customers and address any issues raised by them.
- Mentions, citations and backlinks all help to show your domain authority. Mentions in news outlets, press releases and magazines help to build your website’s credibility. Get your citations listed on relevant websites to increase your online presence. The best strategy to get backlinks is to build networks and business relationships.