As an owner of a WordPress website, you may be handling your SEO work. You may be checking for broken links, managing unpublished content, checking your plug-ins and more. You would also want to improve your SEO, get more traffic and leads and improve your sales. If you need help maintaining and optimising your WordPress website then you can hire a WordPress SEO consultant. It will help to optimise your website faster than doing it yourself. However, you should vet your SEO consultant before hiring. In this article, you will learn how to hire an SEO consultant.
WordPress SEO consultation process
The vetting process should be done and it involves the following three steps:
You should select a candidate who is focused on the right things. The candidate should focus on improving the overall SEO and your website’s rankings. You should find out what makes their service unique, who is their ideal customer, how customers find them, what marketing channels they use and more.
You should see a red flag if the candidate promises an unrealistic guarantee of ranking on the first page or is not interested in your business.
Checking the references
You should check the consultant’s past clients and also try to gauge how useful their guidance was. You should also ask if the solutions offered were sustainable. You should find out if the SEO solution was offered for long-term benefits and not quick fixes.
Requesting a technical audit
Once you narrow down your list of consultants you should ask them to do a technical audit. The consultant should come up with a list of what should be improved to make the website more search-friendly and provide a better user experience.
The WordPress SEO consultant should be able to estimate the overall cost and the positive effect your website will have.
How can a WordPress consultant help your business?
- A WordPress consultant will be experienced in the WordPress ecosystem and will know about the primary concepts. The SEO consultant will be an expert in handling WordPress issues. The consultant will be able to build your website from the ground up.
- The SEO consultant will be able to assess your website structure, backlinks, content and more. The consultant should be able to improve your website’s rankings in the search results.
- The consultant can help you build a strong online presence and help you generate traffic, get qualified leads and make conversions. The consultant can help to make your website secure.
- If your WordPress website becomes time-consuming, or your team lacks the skills or your website is underperforming then you should hire a consultant.
- The consultant will be aware of the Google algorithm changes and will be able to help you adapt to these changes.
Tips for hiring the perfect WordPress SEO consultant
You need to find the right SEO consultant for your business and you can do this by following the right approach. You can find the right WordPress SEO consultant as follows:
- You should begin with your research. This can be done by doing a Google search and finding the list of consultants. You should check their portfolio and see if they offer any case studies.
- You can reach out to industry peers or colleagues to find out if they have worked with the SEO consultant in the past. Ask about their experience. Word-of-mouth can also lead to reliable SEO consultants.
- Schedule an interview with your chosen consultants. This will allow you to discuss your goals and objectives. Check if the consultant can offer what you are looking for.
- You should pay attention to how they understand the business niche and how transparent they are about their strategies. The consultant should be able to cater to the specific needs of your business.
- The cost should not be the only determining factor but you should find out the cost and what services you are getting.
The same SEO consultant may not work for different companies and therefore you should follow these steps to find the right SEO consultant for you.
Why is WordPress SEO important?
WordPress is one of the best CMS for SEO and offers many SEO-friendly features. The SEO offers the following benefits:
- The main benefit of SEO is that it helps to increase the visibility of your website and the organic traffic. SEO helps to rank your website higher in the long run.
- If two websites are selling the same products then the website with SEO is more likely to rank higher and get more customers. It can help you put your business ahead of the competition.
- SEO involves content creation and link-building which can help to improve the domain authority of your website. The higher the domain authority the higher the rankings. It helps to make your website user-friendly and attract more visitors.
- Now more and more people are using mobile and it helps to make your website mobile-friendly.
- When people search for something and your website appears at the top of search results then your website is considered to be trustworthy. SEO can help you rank higher in the search results.
- SEO has global reach and you can get customers from all over the world. It can help you to provide dynamic localisation and translation. SEO is cost-effective for small businesses.
- When your website ranks at the top of the search results you will get 70% of all the search clicks. To ensure more conversion it is important to rank on the first page of search results.
- SEO helps you to understand what your target audience is looking for. SEO helps you to deliver the right content to your target audience and attract them to your website.
SEO of WordPress websites is important because it helps to improve the rankings in the SERPs. To optimise your website for the search engines you can hire a WordPress SEO consultant. You should follow the right procedure and find the right SEO consultant for your business. If SEO is implemented correctly then it can offer you benefits like improved rankings and more leads and sales.