Link-building aims to ensure that your website page ranks higher on the search engine result pages. Link-building is acquiring high-quality inbound links/backlinks to a web page. The higher your website ranks in the search results the higher your page’s visibility and traffic.
The goal of link-building is to get Google’s faith that the information is well-trusted and the website can provide a relevant experience to the users. A website that ranks in the top positions has almost four times more backlinks than positions two to ten.
When you build links from trusted websites and users click on them then it will become a source of referral traffic. Link building services also strengthen your relationships with the clients. A link to your website from an industry publication can help to establish your authority as a leader.
Links are the third most relevant ranking factor on search engines. Link-building in SEO is an important technique. When you build links from relevant and niche-specific websites you get the following benefits:
- Increased visibility
- Higher rankings in the search results
- Increased website traffic
- Increased credibility
- Increase in sales and revenue
How to build links in SEO?
- Google considers two factors while assessing links: the Authority of the website that links to the website and the Relevance of the link itself.
You should try to build links from websites with high domain authority. Domain Authority is a score given to a website that indicates the reliability and relevance of a website in its industry. Domain Authority is not incorporated into Google's algorithm but it can be used as a handy tool.
The link used has to be relevant and this means that it should be related to the website’s content. A link from an irrelevant website may harm your reputation.
It is difficult to get links with high authority unless you can get high-end publicity till then you can get links from relevant websites that would link naturally to you because the content is aligned.
- You can get a lot of links from websites though they may not be of high-quality thinking the number of links to your website will help to to get higher positions.
The links from websites with low domain authority and irrelevant links will harm your website’s reputation and rankings in the eyes of the search engine. Getting links from influential websites may be difficult but you can get links from relevant websites.
You should research your competitors and find out their domain authority scores. You can use this as a benchmark to defeat.
Factors to consider for link-building
- SEO experts believe that current connections are important to Google. Regular link-building may lead to an improvement in a website’s search results.
- You should try to get links from websites with a high domain authority that offer “do-follow” links. The domain authority of the website should be at least 10 points more than yours.
- The linking website, your brand and the keyword used should be from the same industry. The linking websites and your target audience should be the same.