SEO can help you to get your content in front of the right audience. Marketers are looking out for new ways to improve their SEO strategies. The latest trend is the use of AI-generated content. What do the SEO experts think about this trend?
GPT-3 (Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3) is an AI tool language learning model developed by OpenAI. It is considered to be the most advanced language learning model. It is used to create human-like text, chat, poetry, movie script and translation. And the most interesting is that it can be used to answer abstract questions.
SEO experts have varying opinions on AI-generated content and GPT3. Those who favour it believe that AI-generated content can help businesses save time and resources and supplement human-written content.
Those who do not favour AI-generated content argue that it lacks creativity and originality and cannot be as engaging and unique as human-written content. The SEO experts in India prioritise quality over quantity while creating content.
Views of experts on AI-generated content
- One of the experts say that there are shortcomings with the AI-generated content and ChatGPT 3 in its current form. The ChatGPT tool has returned incorrect information and biassed opinions. The output lacks expert-level and unique insights. The content generated is not in line with Google’s E-E-A-T (Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) therefore can negatively affect the search engine rankings.
- An SEO entrepreneur has a more positive view of AI-generated content. According to the expert, ChatGPT can be used to write large volumes of content and conduct keyword research. There is no need to check the AI-generated content for grammatical or factual accuracy or proofreading.
- This expert has a balanced view of AI-generated content and feels the web developer will have to deal with it. According to the expert, the AI content is bland and can be identified accurately. However, you can tweak the content to not get detected by tools as AI-generated content. Google does not reduce the organic traffic to a website because you use AI to help you write it.
- This expert decided to explore the uses of ChatGPT for SEO. The expert says that the way people are using it will produce negative results. Keyword research done using AI is unreliable and the results have no search demand. Though you can use ChatGPT to generate titles and create outlines for blog posts. This is useful for creating better content.
- This expert brings in a reasoned decision on the use of AI-generated content. The expert says Google will do what it has always done. It will continue to reward content written by the subject-matter experts and content that has unique takeaways, references or examples. An article written by GPT 3 is just generated from what already exists on the web and will not be different from any writer who does not have expertise on the subject matter. And rewriting what is already out there will not rank.
SEOs should focus on creating systems and processes that make the content as per the E-E-A-T guidelines. The content should offer value to the users.