20+ SEO Tips for Small Businesses
Most of the people search online for their requirements and if you own a small business then you cannot ignore SEO. As your visibility increases in relevant searches you will be able to reach your target audience.
These Are A Few SEO Tips For Small Businesses:
1. Google Analytics is a tool that provides insights into the performance of your website. You should create a Google Analytics account and link your website to it to measure factors like bounce rate, number of views your page earns, conversion rate and more.
2. Google Search Console is another tool that provides insights into the performance of your websites. It focuses on your website’s performance in Google search results. Create a Google Search Console account and then link to your Google Analytics account to get the data in one place.
3. Create a Google My Business account as it offers a free listing of your business profile that appears in Google search results for your business or related ones. In the account enter the right and complete information, add images of your products or services, select relevant categories for your business, give a description of your business and try to get customer reviews.
4. You need to add title tags and meta descriptions for every page as they appear in the search results. Write catchy title tags and meta descriptions and include the targeted keyword in it. They should provide a reason for the users to click.
5. If you find top competitors ranking for a keyword then there is a less chance that you will be able to rank for them. You should do keyword research and find less competitive keywords and long tail keywords for which you can rank. Once you start ranking for these keywords you may rank for shorter keywords too.
6. Once you have found your focus keywords you should use them in header tags, titles and URLs. Do not use excessive keywords in content as it may appear unnatural. Use keywords naturally in content.
7. While doing keyword research find out content that does not have good search results or partially matches search intent. If it is not covered by any blog then it may have a low search volume. These topics would be good to cover in blogs and get ranked.
8. A blog can help your rank for multiple keywords and also drive traffic to your website. You should blog consistently as this will help you grow and build trust in Google’s eyes.
9. When you have two or more blogs with the same keywords, Google bot gets confused as to which page it should serve. This leads to the pages competing with each other and losing traffic. This is called keyword cannibalization. You should avoid this and rephrase the keywords so that the algorithm does not get confused.
10. Website design can have an impact on rankings so you should first design your website. Create a site with hierarchy which is the simplest way to code the site. You should create a shallow depth website with easy navigation.
11. Create search-friendly URLs by using permalinks as the URL structure ties into your site structure.
12. Build an internal linking strategy that allows you to distribute link equity. You can optimize the links with anchor text to rank for certain keywords. You should decide which links get more link juice than others to determine the important pages.
13. Build outbound links to the sources with high page authority or domain authority. While building a link you should check if the link is relevant and will it add value. You can find publishers and bloggers in your industry and ask them to link to your content.
14. Use the H1 header tag as first in your page content followed by the H2, H3 and H4. Formatting header tags and planning what your site will look like will make it easy to implement them.
15. Develop topics from your keywords for blogs, social media and more. Create original and relevant content that focuses on your audience’s questions and issues.
16. Schema markup also helps in SEO for small businesses. Schema markup shows additional information which can entice the users to click on your website. Use Google Structured Data Testing Tool to check your work.
17. Poor quality backlinks can cause you harm so you should find all your backlinks and remove the harmful ones. Use Google Search Console to identify bad links. You can contact the owner of the site to remove the link or disavow the link.
18. Viral posts on social media signal Google that the content is of top quality. This can boost rankings and get more organic traffic. Such posts also get many social shares. You should create quality content to earn shares and backlinks.
19. Page speed is a ranking factor so you should optimize page load speeds. To improve your speed you can reduce image sizes, minimize the use of animation, use a better web host and more.
20. If a user clicks on a link and the page is broken then they will be disappointed. Such errors can affect your rankings and traffic. You will have to fix such errors to keep your website healthy.
21. One of the ways to outrank larger businesses to offer a better user experience. You should try to create an ideal user experience.
- Log in to post comments