11 Link-Building Strategies for Local Businesses
If you are a local business then you would be interested in leveraging the power of the internet. Link-building is one of the most effective ways to make your website survive and thrive. You should build links so that your business stands out.
If you are able to get high-quality links from other websites then your website will appear higher in the search engine results. This is important because people use the internet to search for local businesses.
1. To get links you have to first create linkable content that will help to develop authority and thought leadership in your industry. The content you create should attract the attention of the people who need information. Your content should gain the attention of your target audience and the publishers so that they can build backlinks to your website.
2. You can create content specific to your locality and demonstrate your expertise in the industry. You can highlight your position as the local authority on the subject matter.
For example, if you have a restaurant in the wine region then you can create content featuring the best products from the local wineries. This will encourage the people and the businesses you are featuring to link back to your article.
3. You want links from high-authority websites and want to build links naturally. For this, you can find bloggers and influencers who publish content relevant to your industry or niche. You can offer to link to each other's websites and share links to the content which is common to both. You can offer to write guest posts on their blogs which you can also link to your website.
4. Another useful way to get links is through your locality’s news outlets. When there is an event related to your niche in the community the local news outlet can write about it and link back to your website. Another way is to get the story out as a paid press release which can be distributed to the local media.
5. You can ask your business partners or your customers to give links to your website.
For example, If you are a local distributor of children's art supplies then you can request your customers like elementary schools or summer schools who have their own websites to give links to you.
6. Contact your local chamber of commerce or your local city government or a local listing site and get your website listed.
7. Use tools to find which websites link to your competitors. You will find many links relevant to your niche and directories. These directories are considered local citations where you can add your business data.
8. Websites are updated from time to time and you will find links that point to pages that no longer exist. By redirecting your old pages to your existing pages you will be able to recover lost links.
9. Find the local citation situations that exist and you can begin there. Some of the top services are Google My Business, Facebook, Bing, Yellow Pages, Apple Maps, Yelp and more.
10. Guest blogging is one of the most effective ways to build links as it offers value to both your website and other websites. Instead of just asking a stranger to link to your website you are working and providing something that would be beneficial for them. When you write blogs make sure you create a truly good piece and add links back to your website naturally.
You can also accept guest posts. You just have to find blogs with many connections and add value to their audience.
11. You can provide valuable statistics to bloggers or journalists as it is likely to get many links. You can perform a survey that targets local concerns or problems. You can add your email and social following to gain responses.
You can ask local businesses to boost your survey and the number of respondents. When you get enough responses you can post your survey data. You can add charts and graphs to convey the information. This will help to promote your finding quickly.
If you become a great source of statistical data then some of the websites may mention it too and add a link back to the source.
By following link-building strategies you will also become a more valuable part of your local community. If you are looking for link-building services then check out Supramind.com, we offer SEO services.