The Google Autocomplete feature provides search term predictions as you type in the words in the Google search bar. This feature helps you to complete your searches faster and easily. Whenever you type in a word or letter it populates a list of search predictions.
Google Autocomplete can be used for marketing and SEO. Professionals have been using this feature to find keywords and the questions the customers are asking. The predictions are made based on data obtained from real searches, trending searches, your location, search history and more.
The Autocomplete feature is also related to the Knowledge Graph and on mobile it can bring the Knowledge Graph suggestions into predictions.
These Are The Ways You Can Use The Autocomplete Feature For SEO:
1. The Autocomplete feature can be used as a keyword research tool. Through the predictions you can get ideas for the right long tail keywords that you should target. This feature is based on the popularity across the internet and it can give insights into what words the searchers are using in real time.
You can fill in the content gaps, create content calendars and answer the questions the audience is asking.
2. When you understand user intent you can create powerful content for your visitors on your website. Autocomplete can help you find different long tail keywords used in your industry. You can create content that answers the questions asked the most by the audience.
3. This feature helps in Online Reputation Management (ORM). You can easily find out what Google associates with your name. If your name in the search bar produces negative predictions then you will have to work to offset it so that your business does not suffer. With the right techniques you can get positive predictions linked with your name.
4. Autocomplete can be used for content generation and exploring your competitor’s content. You can use it along with online writing tools to know what the users are searching for.
By looking at the ‘Why’, ‘What’, ‘Who’, ‘Where’ and ‘When’ along with a few brand related questions can get you enough FAQs. The people may be already searching for answers to these questions.
You can try out ‘brand name vs’ and Google will fill it with the competitors. To expand your brand you can try ‘brand name and’ or “websiteurl + space”
You can find the Autocomplete predictions for related keywords and you may get an edge to create relevant and useful content. You can do ‘how * works’ to get predictions in the wildcard space. This will help you find questions about your brand, questions about content marketing, find problems the customers are looking for and if the users are looking for some social media accounts.
5. Google works to remove any inappropriate predictions. It also removes predictions that are considered spam or piracy or if given a legal request to do so. To better control inappropriate predictions Google launched its feedback tool and uses the data to improve.
For example, if a demographic is getting targeted by something hateful then feedback helps to discover it faster and easily.
6. You can check the prediction for every alphabet and see what comes up. For example, for ‘equipment finance’ you can begin by the alphabet ‘a’ after it and go till the last alphabet.
7. You can also use the underscore in the search terms and let Google complete it.
For example, if you enter ‘chicago _ photo’ then Google will fill in the underscore space. This way you can get a better selection of keywords. You can also experiment with the position of the underscore.
8. If the Autocomplete predictions refer to something true then fix the problem. If the problem is solved then the people will forget about it and stop searching. As the volume of the search goes down, it will drop off from the prediction list.