More and more people are searching and booking their vacations online. To benefit from this trend, your website should show up in the search results. Travel websites can do SEO to rank on the first page of Google. You can do this through PPC (Pay-Per-Click) too by spending large sums. It is better to go for SEO as the benefits are there to stay. Though it will take longer to provide results.
These Are The SEO Tips That Will Help Your Website To Succeed:
1. You will have to do keyword research and find the words or phrases commonly used by your target audience while searching.
2. If your competitors are ranking above you in the search results then they may be doing something right with SEO. You can find the keywords your competitors are using. You can change your focus keywords if required. By using tools like Ahrefs or SEM Rush you can find out what types of links your competitors are using.
3. For a travel website, the focus will be on the international market but you should not forget your local market. You can use keywords depending on a traveller's current location and the preferred destination. You can create content and give them an idea about what they can expect from the trips. Create informative content and use the focus keyword in it. The Keywords selected should appear on all relevant pages.
EAT is a metric used by Google to evaluate your content. E stands for Expertise, A for Authoritativeness and T stands for Trustworthiness. Your content should offer all these.
As the trends change the customer search trends will also change so you should keep your content trendy.
4. Google has to understand your website to make it available to your audience. You should place the focus keywords in the right places for Google to understand. Use keywords in meta titles, meta descriptions and content. Your content should be readable. Do not end the visit on one page instead redirect the user to multiple pages so that they can learn about you. Keep your content interesting.
5. Your website should provide the user with a good user experience. You should have a search bar that the user can use to search their destinations. The destination can be shown elegantly. You should use aesthetic images and videos to keep your audience engaged.
6. Many visitors search for destinations using mobile devices. Your website should be optimised for mobile so that you can provide a good user experience and it will also help your website to rank higher in the search results.
7. You should try to get inbound likes from reputable and high-authority travel blogs / websites to improve your rankings on Google. The backlinks you get for your website should be relevant to your industry. You can check out travel directories, review sites, travel publishers and more.
8. General keywords can be too competitive and therefore you should also focus on long-tail keywords and specific keyword combinations that are not competitive. You can find long-tail, informational and transactional keywords.
9. The more value Google believes you are delivering to your users the higher your ranking will be. If you offer multiple destinations you can create individual pages for them. This will allow you to use focus keywords and create in-depth content around them.
10. You need to have positive reviews to stand out in the competition. Reviews can make a difference and the users may visit your website to learn more.
11. A visitor should be able to find information quickly on your website. Visitors will not stay on your website if they have to check all the pages to find the information they need. Content design plays an important role. You should offer enough information and minimum navigation.
12. Your website will be full of images and videos and you should optimise all of them. Use Alt-text with all your images and keywords in your image filenames.
13. You can use social media to get users to your offerings. You can use an effective hashtag strategy, appealing images and videos and see the reactions you get from the public. You can use them to redirect your audience to your landing pages. You can use social media backlinks to rank higher.
14. The Internet has many publications and review websites. One of your previous tours can be documented and released to the public easily. This will lead to many people finding your brand.
15. Your website should have a good loading speed otherwise the visitors may leave the site.
16. You can list your business in Google My Business as it allows you to list your business as a trustworthy travel agency to your customers, pinpoint your location and get reviews.
17. Use a neat site structure so that the users and Google can easily understand you. A tourist will want to know about many destinations and not just one. So you can include sections like ‘Nearby attractions”, “You should also visit” and more.
18. Use schema markup to make sure Google understands your text and displays it for relevant results. Rich snippets are one of the schema markup forms.