Website conversion rate is the percentage of the visitors on your website who complete the desired action like completing a purchase, email subscription, signing up, downloading or booking a demo and more. These actions help to convert visitors into your customers.
A higher conversion rate indicates that you are able to capture your audience’s attention, your CTAs and messages are working fine with your audience and you have put in the right efforts to make the user journey easy.
These are a few tips that will help you to improve your conversion rate:
1. Implementing live chat can help to improve the conversion rate. Live chat helps you to provide assistance to your visitors in real time. This creates a positive impact. Customers are more likely to buy when the brand answers their queries within a minute. Personalised customer service chats can help to convert visitors into loyal customers.
2. Tell the potential customers exactly what you offer and you have what they need. You should deliver the right value proposition and talk about your services, for whom they are and how it is useful. To make your value proposition work you can talk about the benefits to the customers. Your value proposition should be clear.
3. People pay attention to the headline of the content. You should write compelling headlines to grab your visitors attention. If your headlines are not clear then the visitor will get confused and may drop your website. Know your target audience and set the messaging accordingly.
4. Make your CTAs stand out by using the right language as per the situation. Place the CTAs strategically and do not use multiple CTAs. Keep your CTAs simple and personalise them. Place CTAs on landing pages to increase the conversion rate.
5. The website design is the top criteria for deciding brand credibility. Your website design should look professional. Another important aspect is website navigation. Use simple and easy navigation so that your users can navigate smoothly.
6. Add pop-ups to your website as they can help to increase the conversion rate. Put a 30 seconds delay timer with the pop-ups to prevent them from being annoying. Make it easy for your users to close the pop-up.
7. The online forms on your website should have the necessary fields only. Too many fields can scare the users away. You should find a balance between getting the required information and keeping the fields to a minimum.
8. You can provide testimonial and / or reviews from your past customers on your website. This can help to build trust with the new visitors. Social proof and logos can help to put the customers at ease.
9. When it comes to your offer, you should make the initial step really easy to complete. The easier the first step the more likely that the visitors will complete the form. Instead of asking to fill the entire form you can request an email address. Then you can ask the visitors to fill out the form.
10. Now alternative logins have become popular. The users should be given the option to login using their Google, Facebook or other accounts. This way a signup form will not be required.
11. Use a Conversion Rate Optimization planner to analyse and develop a strategy for improving your conversion rate. CRO planner takes you through the entire process. You can also try out the A / B test as it is the most popular form of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
12. You should understand how the users interact with your website. For this you can use analysis tools like Microsoft Clarity or Crazy Egg to see the screen recordings of the user on your site. You will get to see what they click on, what they skip, if they stop filing a form in the middle and more. Find the areas that need improvement.
13. Analyse and test the content offers on your website. Are the offers creative, compelling and do they align with the audience? You can try out compelling offers with countdown then just generic ones.
14. When people download content offers they should get what they want. Include the images or videos of your products or services on your landing pages. To improve the conversion rate you can add video testimonials and images of graphs and chartsthat are relevant.
15. When people click on your site they should find what they are looking for. Your landing page should deliver what your audience is expecting otherwise they will not convert. You should check the entire process from seeing an ad, going to the landing pages and downloading the offer. Keep analyzing and optimizing. Conversion optimization is an on-going activity and you can continue to improvise based on data.